Friday, April 7, 2017

Grind SZN

What is going on everyone? Sorry I haven't been blogging in a while, I have been incredibly busy recently. So let me tell you guys exactly what we have done this week. On Monday we had finished filming (or so we thought) and began the editing process. We are practically finished with our project as of now, but we still have some more to do. We realized that the first 30 seconds of our film did not get the message we wanted to get across and it looked quite choppy, so we had re-filmed all of the opening sequence, and we also re-filmed Blake's scene as it just simply looked odd and out-of-place. We decided that we would be in crunch time now for the rest of the weekend until April 11th, which is when the projects are due.

Today we will finally film the voice-over, because we wanted to watch the entire opening, and make sure that the voice-over correlated and made sense with the entire piece. We knew that we would have complications as all groups do, so we are glad that we finished filming somewhat early because it takes a lot of stress away from us. However, we are quite worrisome about finding a song to put in the background in our opening sequence, as well as some of our opening scenes. We would find a song that sounds good for a few seconds, but then the beat completely changed and we realized we would not be able to use that song. Choosing the song is also something that my group and I will have to do today. We also decided that we cannot use a song that is actually published as we will not have enough time to get permission, so our song will have to be on a royalty-free website such as Purple Planet. I have the ACT tomorrow, yes on the first week of spring break, so I know that we are going to have to finish this today so that I only have to do my CCR and focus on my own personal aspect of the project.

During the editing process, something that we thought would be interesting would be the freeze frame effect that is on iMovie, which my group will incorporate into our film opening. We were amazed at this discovery because it simply made our jobs much easier. Another great effect was the stabilizer effect, something that we found very efficient for our moving shots which we used a handmade dolly for. It is a very good feeling to be done with a huge chunk of this project. But I have a script to write, so I will catch up with you all later. Thanks for reading!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment