Thursday, March 16, 2017

Ideas on ideas

Hey everybody! I am back and more tired than ever. My group and I met up today and we decided that we would have to get the ball rolling on this project a lot quicker than what we are pacing for right now, as we do not want to rush through a project that deserves to be time-consuming. My group and I realized that no matter what genre we choose, we must have a great-quality camera. We decided that we should take some time to decide exactly what camera would be best for our project as well as our wallets. We went onto Best Buy and searched for professional camcorders, and boy was that a mistake. The cheapest professional one we could find was around 800 dollars, so we decided that we would be using a traditional camcorder that would be in our budget, or not going over 150 dollars. Here are some pictures of the camcorders we were thinking about purchasing:
Sony - Handycam CX405 Flash Memory Camcorder - Black - Angle Zoom
Sony Handycam CX405

Sony - Handycam AX53 4K Flash Memory Camcorder - Black - Angle Zoom
Sony Handycam AX53
Canon - VIXIA HF R80 16GB HD Flash Memory Camcorder - Black - Angle Zoom
Canon VIXIA HF R80
In my opinion, if you are making a film in today's society, it is crucial to have a great quality camera that allows for the shots to be crystal clear and give the audience optimal aspects of the film. When my group and I watched films, we found that a video has to be visually pleasing in order to help incorporate the audience into watching the film. My group and I did research on tips for a low-budget film, which told us that while a camera is important, you should not spend all of your money on a camera as there are many other important aspects that come with making a film. 

Aside from learning about cameras, my group and I also finally decided on what genre we would pursue. My group and I decided that we would do the best job if we did a combination of the drama, comedy, and romance genres to create a film that will in essence make the audience express all sorts of emotions. Our film will focus on the story of a young man who seemingly was going to become a young success, but turned out to be quite the opposite. The film will follow exactly what happened to the man in his life and how his life had taken such a dramatic and drastic turn. The film will attempt to pursue films of that genre such as Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Pretty Woman, 50 First Dates, and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. All of these films got favorable reviews from my group and I, and they also did a great job in getting a large fan base as many of these films became fan-favorites. Our goal is to strive to show an unbiased representation of many different cultures and strive to draw our viewer's attention into wanting to learn more about how our character's life had changed so much. Keeping our viewer's attention and wanting the audience to learn more about the story is what my group and I will try to attempt. Another important aspect of our film that I feel is important for our story is the role of the voice-over in the intro to our film. One thing that my group and I found in common is that we all felt like a voice-over really helps a introduction describe character and also can allude to conflict, which are two key issues when attempting to make a film opening. When analyzing a film, you must focus on why the directors did specific shots, angles, sounds, etc to create this scene and what message is getting across, and I believe that a voice-over is one of the best additions that a film opening can provide. For now that is all I have to say, tune in next time for some new research and information on my film and the beginning of our filming process!! Thanks for reading! 

Resources: 
Barrance, Tom. "Equipment for Low Budget Filmmaking." Learn about Film. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Mar. 2017.
"Best Dramatic Romantic Comedies." Rotten Tomatoes. N.p., n.d. Web.
"8 Best Video Cameras for Amateur Filmmakers in 2015." 8 Best Video Cameras for Amateur Filmmakers in 2015. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment